Thursday, January 6, 2011

Routine.

So I am sitting in bed, chatting with a friend about stupid shit. He seems down on his luck, which inspired me. I told him to do something that makes him happy. Quit his routine. Do something new. This is what inspired me tonight. Well today. Whatever. So why is it that people get stuck in ruts? Why do we do the same thing over and over and expect for things to get better. Or change? We are in complete and utter control over what we do in life, right? I mean unless your parents or religion or whatever tell you what to do everyday, you pretty much can do whatever. So take control. Take a step out of the box. I know how hard it is to feel comfortable doing something you aren't used to. I am trying to do it everyday. Take a different route to work. Get something done I have been meaning to do. I am so sick and tired of being lonely. Waiting for my life to change itself. Who am I kidding? Why have I just sat here and waited so long for someone to sweep me off my feet? There is no way in hell that is going to happen if I continue to sit on the couch smoking weed and not showering for a few days. Get real, Morgan. I need to fix the things about myself I am not happy with and get out there. Smell the fresh air. Hah! I should consider motivational speaking. I must sound ridiculous! Okay, okay, really now, back to the serious stuff. All I need is a little motivation. What is better than ME as the motivation? I can go out and not have one bad thing happen to me. You know why? It's because I don't want to let anything ruin my fun. And that is all it takes. Hah! Give that a week and ask me again. But for now I feel confident in myself that life is better than some perceive it to be, or at least how I used to perceive it.


This whole writing thing seems to be some sort of gateway to really releasing some bottled up emotion. I don't know what sparked this, but I am sure as hell glad it happened. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment